Museum manager Fiona Rosher said: “We have got an interesting mix of activities lined up for November and December on top of all our year-round attractions.
“We have John Arnison’s fantastic Waterfalls at Night exhibition – which will run until 21 November and captures the beauty and drama of waterfalls in the Yorkshire Dales – and we will be staging a series of activities for children in the Christmas holidays.”
For the second year running, the museum is selling Cards For Good Causes Christmas cards and gifts to help raise money for charities. For each pack of cards sold, the charity will receive at least 75p in every £1. Last year there was an increase in the number of locals and visitors who came in to support more than 30 charities, with 100 different designs of cards.
The full list of activities is:
- 16 November: Friends of the Museum lecture. June Hall : Travellers in the turnpike age.7.30pm.
- 20 November: Drop in and stir in the local food room – Christmas pudding making.10am -3:30pm.
- 28 November: North Country Theatre presents The Lighthouse on Shivering Sands. 7.:30pm.
- 1 December: Christmas fun day at the Museum – free entry to the museum, quizzes, games and activities, craft stalls.10am -4pm.
- 28 December: Bad Apple theatre presents a matinee performance of A Yorkshire Christmas Carol. 2.30pm.
The visitor attraction is open daily from 10am to 5pm but will be closed from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day inclusive and all of January. For more information, please phone 01969 666210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.